Monday, September 22, 2008

Eating issues

I've learned over the past year that I definitely have huge eating issues, one of which being "special occasion eating." And by "special occasion" I mean "anything out of the ordinary." This means that if anything unusual occurs, such as a birthday, wedding, party, long day at work, happy hour, going to a meeting, having to eat at a different time during the day, or fall TV premeire week, totally throws off my plan and gives me free reign to eat whatever I want. This plan is definitely not part of the weight watchers program, as you might suppose. This weekend I had a few things to do so guess what? I ate whatever I wanted for 3 days. I wasn't completely horrible (except for the Mexican food with Mike, Martha, Mom, and William yesterday at Nelda's....yum!) but I wasn't on plan. That really doesn't work for me at this point in my life. I can't just go from really bad to really good without a little lag time in the weight loss. I don't really know how to change it but I guess it's good to at least identify that you have a problem right? Okay so I have decided to see if I can use this blog for an actual purpose...counting my lovely, fun, weight watchers points. So this blog is about to turn from a pretty boring blog to THE MOST BORING BLOG EVER! I used to be very good at writing down points but since I've been slacking I've noticed a proportional increase in pounds. I doubt this will last long, but maybe it will at least keep me accountable for a little while, since anyone and everyone can read what I eat.....here it is for today...keep in mind that I need to go to the grocery store:

Food Points
Slim Fast (chocolate royale) 4
Turkey Wrap and fruit (Jason's deli) 11
Sugar Free Jello 0
Chicken sandwich 4
Baked scoops ( 35 g- yes I have a scale!) 3
Salsa 0
100 calorie pack m'n'ms 2
Activity- step class -4 or -5...we'll be conservative and count -4

Total: 20 points! That is 2 under my max of 22! Yay me! What else can I eat?

There are a few things wrong here, one being that I only had 1 milk serving and 1 fruit/vegetable unless you count the salsa. So there are some things to work on here. Tomorrow my goal will be to get my 2 milks in. There, I've set an attainable goal for myself. There are firsts for everything! Good night!

No comments: