Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bank Crap

So I have to post a brief rant about banking....I am an avid online banker these days...no paper statements, online payment of all bills, etc. Well my bank signed me up for some online bill pay free trial (which turned into a not so free trial a brief 30 days later) which I never used. The other day I tried to log into my online banking page to be DENIED! Try try again...DENIED DENIED! So I call them....somehow some random hacker had tried to pay a $906.45 bill to some ebillme.com site using my UN-USED BILL PAY! And no, I did not open any email that required my sign on info!!!! So that's why I was locked out, and why I of course had to follow a list of steps to prevent any further breach and/or identity theft, including changing all online passwords, getting a brand new checking account (which included going to the bank TWICE because there was an error the first time), changing PINs, signing up for identity theft protection, getting copies of credit reports....lalala and so on. All of this is exceptionally annoying because as many of you know I had to do it 4 years ago when my purse was stolen. This is not nearly as bad because none of my funds (which were very limited) were used. But all the same, it is very very annoying and time consuming. Not to mention that I had to make my second trip to the bank today in the midst of a monsoon! Anyway, I think it's all fixed now...and they assure me that my direct deposit will go through on Friday as scheduled...I'm a little suspicious about that one....I may be contacting you all for a loan if needed....

1 comment:

Karen said...

PP, There just seems to be something about you and identity theft and/or thefts of any kind. Perhaps, everyone wants to be just like you.

Love, Karen