Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday's Supper

I don't know what happened with the picture!

Chicken Fajitas and Black Bean Salad


I'm sure you all already have a better recipe for this, but I like it so I'm putting it on here just in case!


Chicken Fajitas (about 5 points each)
1 lb chicken tenderloins
1/2 can rotel (the mexican kind with the chiles)
Tortillas of your choice (I used
2% milk Mexican cheese
Fajita seasoning packet
Cook the chicken on the stove in a little olive oil until the chicken is mostly done, then pour in the 1/2 can rotel (you could probably use the whole can if you want) and 1/2 packet of the seasoning packet. Then cook until there isn't any liquid left in the pan. Heat up your tortillas, add the chicken and some of the tomatoes and a sprinkle of cheese and then you're done!
Black Bean Salad (this makes a lot and I calculated 8 servings at 200 calories or 4 points each, but it could easily be 10 servings at 3 points each)
Adapted from the back of the can of Bush's Black Beans
2 15 oz. cans black beans, drained
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 avocado, choppped
The juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup olive oil (after I made it I realized you could probably use less and save a lot of calories and points. Next time I think I'll try half of that amount and see...then I could always add more later)
5 tbsps red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
Basically, you just chop up everything and mix it together, then pour in the wet ingredients and the spices and mix it up again! Yum!!!
I used this as a dip, but you could easily eat it without the chips....I just always have to throw some baked chips in there somewhere. I'm trying to sneak vegetables into my diet as much as I can, and I would never eat peppers and onions otherwise. I should have calculated the points beforehand, because with the chips this was an 11 point dinner, which is about 3 points over my normal dinner. I think tomorrow when I eat it I will just leave off the chips and eat a little less of the salad.

No comments: