Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Idol Top 10

Let me first say that I hated Idol being on Wednesday this week. As for my review:

Matt- I thought that was a brave song choice and that he did have a few pitch problems but I thought it was greatness. And he is getting better every week in my opinion. He may be my new favorite

Kris- man is he cute or what? I thought he was really good but I think he was a little forgettable this week....he needs to show that he can come out and wow us

Anoop- I think he has a great voice but I agree that he needs to do something different other than just copying the original singer's version of the song. But overall I thought he was really good and he had on a lot of different clothes so he was probably very hot

Scott- ....sigh.....I thought he was better this week than last week but I thought it was super corny. And it was weird with the back up singers right next to him they kept distracting me. That is one of my favorite songs...actually my favorite version is by the dixie chicks and it was just boring to me. He should go home but he probably won't. And whoever is dressing him needs to cut it out and get serious.

Megan- oh Megan where did you go? I thought she actually did better this week and she looked beautiful but when she messes up another one of my favorite songs (Mary I always think of you when I hear that song) it just kind of ruins my night! I thought her voice sounded pretty good but again I was distracted by the awkward movements and the really bad arrangement. She probably will be in the bottom three this week.

Michael- um yeah that wasn't so good. He was totally oversinging but I think that was Smoky's (smokey's?) fault. He is probably the nicest guy in the world but he just can't really compete with the rest of these boys this year. I think he will be successful in country music though and I think he might go home this week.

Lil- Okay I feel like we have heard and seen a performance like that a million times on this show. She needs to change it up and wow us soon or I think she's done. I agreed with the judges that the song was too fast...I think she could have been amazing if she had sung a slow version of that song. She could potentially be in the bottom three.

Adam- I was surprised that Simon didn't make fun of his look this week. I have a hard time with Adam because one week I hate him and then the next week I love him. So this was a love week for me. I loved the arrangement of the song and I love how he didn't make out with the camera this week and his voice was also amazing. Sammy does that make you happy?

Danny- I still love you Danny but that wasn't my favorite....I didn't necessarily think it was awkward and clumsy but I thought it was predictable from him. I liked last weeks wow much better. He is definitely good and is comfortable on stage and I love him for it!

Allison- I have to say that she is totally the best girl this year and probably the best young girl that has ever been on the show. She reminds me a lot of Kelly Clarkson but not quite as likable for some reason. I still haven't pinpointed why. She needs to hold the mic away from her face a little bit more...she sounded a little muffled to me at times. But she definitely killed that song this week. Hated the outfit though

Goodnight....gotta go watch Lost and get more confused!

1 comment:

Karen said...

PP, I'm starting a campaign for you to be the new AI judge. You could be the 5th judge!