Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunday's Supper on Monday

I've been meaning to post more recipes on this blog because I am trying to cook more, but I have been too lazy! But here is one that I made last night and had again for dinner tonight. I hope you like it! And beware because you could get injured like me opening a can of pineapple!









Grilled Jerk Chicken, Aloha Rice, and Roasted Broccoli:


Grilled Jerk Chicken (about 3-4 points each):


4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
olive oil
Jerk seasoning (I use McCormick)

I made these on the grill- I just rubbed a little olive oil on each side of the chicken, then sprinkled some of the seasoning ( a little goes a long way) and then grilled them for about 8 minutes on each side or until they are getting some nice grill marks. *Optional*- throw a few pineapple rings on the grill and sprinkle them with some of the jerk seasoning also- yummy!



Aloha Rice (recipe courtesy Sandra Lee)


Makes 6-8 servings- 6 points each if 6 servings, 4 points if 8 servings


1 cup light coconut milk

3/4 cup pineapple juice

1 8 oz can pinapple chunks in juice

2 cups white or brown rice

Pour the coconut milk, pineapple juice, and the pineapple chunks with the juice into a saucepan, bring to a boil, let boil for about 2 minutes. Then remove from burner, add the rice, and let sit for about 7 minutes and enjoy!
Roasted Broccoli -about 1 point depending on the amount of oil and cheese you use. (this doesn't go with the others but I am trying to eat more green veggies!) Makes 4 servings
I just cut up 2 heads of broccoli, drizzled them with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, then put them in the oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Then I sprinkled them with a little bit of parmesan cheese and cooked them for 10 more minutes.

No comments: