Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Patch and a Busted Lip!

Martha and Mike were kind and generous enough to let me spend time with William over the weekend. We had a really great time....we went to the cracker barrel for breakfast, did some shopping at Kohl's, went next door to the pumpkin patch, took a long nap, and then we went to Arlington Highlands because I thought it would be fun to walk around and look at the stream and the fountain.

Arlington Highlands is a shopping center that has a cute little stream running down the middle of it with rocks and plants and a fountain (there's a pic below). And we did have fun looking around, and we got a little tired so we sat down on a nice bench. THEN William wanted to go play in the gravel that was underneath us and he got down from the bench, tried to run and then fell down face first. I thought he had just fallen but then I saw that oh no it was actually worse than your typical fall....he had torn through some skin on his lip with his teeth!! There was some blood involved (which washed out of both of our shirts) and so we were going to take him to the bathroom in Borders to wash him off and we turned around to find that a fire truck was parked a few yards from us! Evidently that was also a picture taking opportunity bc they were giving tours...but we were too busy to tour. Soooo we took him over to the nice firemen (I don't even know if they were cute because I was so frazzled) and they cleaned him up with some saline, gave us some gauze and an ice pack, and told us that he didn't need stitches.

So we got back to the car....and by that time William had stopped crying...he was such a brave big boy! We took him home and he acted fine...played with his toys and read some books...and then we made some cookies! I kept trying to put ice on his lip but he would have none of that. He woke up this morning a little puffier than he was before he went to sleep, but I think he's going to be okay. And his Mommy and Daddy were super understanding and very nice about the whole thing. Some things I learned in this situation:
1. Babies bounce back from stuff way faster than adults considering I am still upset about this.
2. My mom can be very calming in an emergency.
3. Always have a first aid kit in the car! Seriously!

So if you haven't lost interest yet here are some pictures of our weekend...and no I didn't get a pic of the lip incident!

Very serious at breakfast
He has his lion that he won in his lap


The hayride

Cuteness

I thought that was funny but I can't rotate it now




Pre-incident at the highlands


No he didn't bust it on those rocks....praise God!



This is post-incident cookie decorating. You can't really see the lip because it was more on the inside

I wish I could take this one out but I can't


Today in his Mr. Mischief shirt
We really did have a good weekend, and I'm sure that William has already forgotten what happened. But I still feel bad about it, and I appreciate Martha and Mike being so sweet about it. And I will not ask to keep him again until he's 10. Goodbye!!









1 comment:

Sarah Launchbaugh said...

OMG Paige! Will is SO cute! I can't believe how big he is :)