Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Challenge!

Okay, there are 9 1/2 weeks left in this year....65 days including today...and I am going to issue a challenge....basically to myself because not very many people read this BUT here it is:

Let's lose weight BEFORE the new year....let's not wait until January first to make a resolution! I am going to try to work out 50 times in 65 days. Is that realistic? I think it could be. That means between now and December 31 I will work out basically 5 times a week plus an additional 5 work outs...hmmm maybe I should say 45 times in 65 days. Just to give myself a little leeway. I don't want to be the one who sets the goal and also the only one playing and the only one who doesn't meet the aforementioned goal. Okay, that's the challenge: 45 workouts in 65 days. And a workout needs to be at least 30 minutes to be counted. Of course we will be using the honor system on this challenge so I don't want any liars to play.

Now what do I win when I complete the challenge? Hopefully a smaller size...maybe I will treat myself to a spa day. Yes that sounds like a good prize. And what shall I give as a prize to anyone else who wins with me?? Hmmm maybe a pedicure? or a Southern Living at Home item? We'll just have to see if anyone participates. I expect no participation but if anyone wants to then please let me know! Or maybe you could pretend to participate so I could pretend to be in a competition? And I'm sorry but I have a head start because I did work out today. Is work out 1 word or 2? I have written it several different ways. Okay that's all....let the working out begin!

2 comments:

Life of Preston said...

ok! I am in! I will go walking in the evenings after Will is in bed! I really need someone to keep me accountable :)

Sarah Launchbaugh said...

I think that is a great challenge! If we decide to renew our gym membership than I'll take the challenge...if we don't then I know I will be a failure. We are supposed to decide by the first. I will keep you posted :)