Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sometimes honesty is not the best policy

I have this really sweet patient that I totally love...she is in her late 60s and had a stroke and is just a really fun lady....until today....

Yesterday I looked like crap and I admit it. I didn't have time to flat iron my hair so I pulled it back and by the end of the day it was going everywhere. But really when you wear scrubs to work you don't care as much anymore. It's just a fact. You basically work in your pajamas all day so what's the point? Anyway yesterday that "nice" lady saw me walk by her at the end of the day and said, "Paige you look really tired. You need to go home." And I was like good idea! See you tomorrow! So today when I had her for therapy she told me that I looked much better today (in my opinion it wasn't that different...hair still back...maybe a little straighter) and that she was worried about me yesterday. And it's nice to have someone worry but there was no reason for it.
So I said: "Come on it wasn't that bad"

and she said: "Oh yeah it was...you looked horrible."

And I was like :"Horrible? Really? I know my hair was a mess but it wasn't that bad."

And she was like..................................................wait for it..............................................................
"IT'S A GOOD THING YOU DIDN'T MEET YOUR FUTURE HUSBAND YESTERDAY BECAUSE HE WOULD HAVE TAKEN ONE LOOK AT YOU AND TURNED AWAY."

SERIOUSLY????????? Do you say that to people??? Even if you have had a stroke that's just wrong. A stroke is no excuse in my opinion for this one. And she's not old enough to get away with it either! I was speechless so I just told her we needed to get to work and we didn't talk about it anymore. Isn't that weird??? Actually it was all kind of funny and I laughed about it after when I was telling my friends at work. But I thought I needed to write this one down so I don't forget it. People say the weirdest things sometimes.

*Challenge Update*

I have worked out 13 times since the challenge began...I probably need to step it up a little bit but I think I'm pretty much on track. I still don't think I'm going to lose any weight this week but you never know!

2 comments:

Jess Mahan said...

Oh wow... Hehe. That is kind of funny, but I would have been mortified. But ya know... We all have our crappy days.

And I'm sure your future husband would have still fallen madly in love with you. :)

Karen said...

Gotta love those patients with no pragmatics!