Sunday, November 16, 2008

God is teaching me patience

Another week of no weight loss....BUT I really think I have been building muscle this week because I have really been lifting more weight. I did workout # 15 today (very fun Everlast Shadow Boxing if you go to 24 hour fitness) so that means I am 1/3 of the way done! Yay!

One of these days the results will come...I just need to learn to be more patient.

Here are some more food finds for you KB:

Little Debbie Nutty Bars- 100 calorie- 2 points- these are the same things that used to come in packages of 2 and now they are just singles....but still very yummy

Weight Watchers Smart Ones Breakfast Quesadillas- 4 points each and you just microwave them!

I am a huge fan of the 100 calorie pack and one of the newest ones out there are the 100-calorie twinkies! It's like the hostess cupcake 100 cal packs but there are three little bite size twinkies. They taste just like twinkies so if you're a fan you will love them! I'm going to stick to my chocolate ones though...

I also wanted to share a recipe this week:

Pumpkin Cupcakes

1 package yellow or spice cake mix
2/3 cup water
1 15 oz can pumpkin (not the pie filling but the actual pumpkin)

Okay this is the complicated part: stir up all the ingredients and pour it into the cupcake pan and bake it according to the box! It's supposed to make 24 cupcakes at 2 points each- I made it into 18 cupcakes and counted them as 3 points each. I have also made this with a chocolate cake mix and it is just as good....they are kind of like muffins...very thick batter. And if you have to have icing you can spread a very thin layer on for an additional point I think. Anyway if anyone decides to make them let me know if you like them! Have a great week!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Paige!! I just used this recipe for Pumpkin Bread.... 2 points a serving! Thought I would share since its just in time for thanksgiving!

Ingredients:
One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Original Egg Beaters)
1/2 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1/4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
1/4 cup Ocean Spray Craisins Original Sweetened Dried Cranberries (or regular raisins), chopped
2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine both types of flour, Splenda, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and pumpkin pie spice (in other words, all dry ingredients except for the Craisins or raisins).

In a medium bowl, mix together pumpkin, egg substitute, and vanilla extract (all the wet ingredients). Add this mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir until just blended.

Slowly sprinkle chopped Craisins or raisins into the batter, making sure they don't all stick together, and mix to distribute them.

Spoon batter into a large loaf pan (about 9" X 5") sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for about 50 minutes, until the top of the loaf is firm to the touch. (Bread may be moist inside. This doesn't mean it's undercooked.) Allow to cool, and then cut into 8 slices.
*I did not use craisins

Hope you're having a great week!! So good to see you last week, and we definitely need to go to lunch soon! This semester is finally winding down, thank goodness!

PS I'm having a major mid-grad school crisis.... adults/pediatrics?!?! Early retirement?! AHH!