Friday, August 15, 2008

Florida Pics Finally!

Aaahhh Florida..
Frenchy's restaurant- where I got my fried grouper sandwich and the best key lime pie ever



Please note the sunburn...and it's not fair sitting next to someone who returned from a Maui Honeymoon earlier in the summer

On the Jolly Trolley


The pretty Sheraton Sand Key Resort

This is the closest we got to a bathing suit picture...sorry to disappoint



Playing with the self timing picture feature while waiting for the Jolly Trolley


Just in case any of you were concerned, I would like you to know that I have now returned back to my pre-Florida weight. I think that a few of those 10 pounds were just weird water weight or something because they were gone the day after I posted last week and now I have been back on my good behavior so the rest have slowly faded. I still am 5 pounds above my lowest low so I still have some work to do but I am relieved that most of that extra weight is gone now. And no, I haven't been starving myself or anything. I could never do that because I just love to eat! I usually eat cereal for breakfast, a sandwich or lean cuisine or salad and yogurt and fruit for lunch, and then something pretty substantial for dinner. Like this week I made a whole chicken in the crock pot on Monday- I've never done that and it was super easy and very yummy! So I had chicken and vegetables (yuck) on Monday and then I was very proud of myself because I used the chicken to make a low fat version of my mom's Mexican Casserole. I just used chicken instead of beef, used 2% cheese and fat free cream of chicken soup and there you go! So just in case any one is actually reading this I don't want any worriers! I do need to work on getting more fruits and vegetables in my diet. I just don't want to eat them. It's nothing more than that. I was trying to eat one of each every day this week but I think I only did that for three days. I also got back into the gym this week, which was actually great...I really do like going once I can get myself off of the couch....and speaking of couch............


These Olympics are wearing me out!!! I have been staying up WAYYYYY to late all week! I normally am falling asleep on the couch at like 9:30 so it's been a beating staying up so late every night. But I do have to say that it has been totally worth it and I loved last night with the gymnastics so much. I tried to take naps this week and I think that helped a little bit but I am still totally worn out. Anyway, on that note I hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

Karen said...

PP, You look very jolly on the trolley. Looks like a beautiful vacation!!!

I've also been exhausted by the Olympics. In fact, stayed up until 12:30 a.m. Friday watching the women's gymnastics. I'm glad you're into them. No one I work with is watching them. I ask everyone if they've worn out and they look at me like I'm crazy.

Oh well, there aren't too many speech queens in the world.

Sarah Launchbaugh said...

Paiger, I'm so jealous of your awesome trip! I hope you and Carlini had a wonderful time! I miss you girls!

Liz said...

Paige!!!! It's Liz.... sorry it has taken me so long to say hello! I found you on blogspot and I'm not totally sure how to use it, but I think I added you to my favorite blogs. This is all new to me! Anyway looks like you and Lora's trip to Florida was fun and relaxing!! Hope work is going well!! I tried to send you a long email last week but when I finally sent it the internet had gone out and I was so frustrated I gave up!!

Anyway we need to go to lunch sometime soon! Let me know some Tuesday you can go, so I can plan on coming to Arlington!! We have Audiology lab on Thursdays at 1.

Miss you!!!! Hope to hear from you soon :o) I think our blog is http://elizabethandsteven.blogspot.com